The Kärcher K2 Compact is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.25 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.602-114.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 7.7 x 11 x 19.6 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Compact
The Kärcher K2 Compact, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.25 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher K2 Compact's cleaning power of 2000 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Compact is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D7.7 x W11 x H19.6 in, the Kärcher K2 Compact makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Compact convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 14.5 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the K2 Compact doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher K2 Compact does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A set of notches allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K2 Compact also comes with pressure hose, power cord, soap hose, spray gun and wand.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Compact compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Compact, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1600, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $80 to $110 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW22, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.25 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The 2000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the K2 Compact result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW1900 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Compact is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Decent CU for the price
- No soap tank
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- No pressure hose storage
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Compact is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.