The Kärcher K2 Compact is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.25 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Compact
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K2 Compact is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (almost 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.25 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2000 Cleaning Units.
The K2 Compact is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D7.7 x W11 x H19.6 in, the Kärcher K2 Compact makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Compact convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 14.5 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Because the K2 Compact is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher K2 Compact does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a set of notches. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher K2 Compact comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, soap hose, pressure hose, power cord and spray gun.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Compact compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1600 PSI, the Karcher K2 Compact finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $80 and $110. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BY02-VBW-WT that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.25 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the WEN PW20, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The K2 Compact has 2000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Compact is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.602-114.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 7.7 x 11 x 19.6 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Compact is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.