The Kärcher K2 Compact is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.25 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.602-114.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 7.7 x 11 x 19.6 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Compact
The Kärcher K2 Compact is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1600 PSI (around 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.25 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher K2 Compact has a cleaning power of 2000 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Compact gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D7.7 x W11 x H19.6 in, the Kärcher K2 Compact makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Compact convenience of transport.
Standing at only 14.5 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Because the K2 Compact is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Kärcher K2 Compact itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher K2 Compact does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A set of notches allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher K2 Compact comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and soap hose.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Compact compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Compact and its 1600 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $70 and $100. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW22, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.25 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the K2 Compact rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX with its 3690 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Compact is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Compact is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.