The Kärcher K2 Compact is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.25 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Compact
The Kärcher K2 Compact, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1600 PSI (around 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.25 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher K2 Compact has a cleaning power of 2000 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Kärcher K2 Compact's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D7.7 x W11 x H19.6 in, the Kärcher K2 Compact makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Compact convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 14.5 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Because the K2 Compact is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Kärcher K2 Compact itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher K2 Compact does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a set of notches. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K2 Compact are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, pressure hose, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Compact compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Compact, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1600, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $80 to $110 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY02-BCOH with 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.25 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW20, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 2000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the K2 Compact is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW20, which can reach up to 3572.8 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Compact is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.602-114.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 7.7 x 11 x 19.6 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Compact is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.