The Kärcher K2 Compact is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.25 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Compact
The Kärcher K2 Compact, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (almost 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.25 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2000 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Compact is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D7.7 x W11 x H19.6 in, the Kärcher K2 Compact makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Compact convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 14.5 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Even though the K2 Compact doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
Along with the Kärcher K2 Compact itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Kärcher K2 Compact is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a set of notches. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher K2 Compact comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Kärcher K2 Compact's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Compact compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Compact, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $70-100 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW19 that can reach up to 2000 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.25 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Realm BY01-VBS-WT, that can deliver up to 1.65 GPM.
- The K2 Compact has 2000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Compact is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.602-114.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 7.7 x 11 x 19.6 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Compact is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.