The Kärcher K2 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Entry
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K2 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 10 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Entry is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L19.7 x W6.9 x H12 in, the Kärcher K2 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Entry convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
Because the device weighs just 10.6 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the K2 Entry doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Kärcher K2 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K2 Entry are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, pressure hose, wand, spray gun, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt) and power cord.
The Kärcher K2 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Entry with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW22 that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3001 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The K2 Entry ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2160 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMT with its 3675 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Entry is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.599-153.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 19.7 x 6.9 x 12 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.