The Kärcher K2 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Entry
In summary, the Kärcher K2 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 10 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher K2 Entry's cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Entry is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L19.7 x W6.9 x H12 in, the Kärcher K2 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Entry convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
Standing at only 10.6 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Because the K2 Entry is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Kärcher K2 Entry's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K2 Entry also comes with power cord, pressure hose, spray gun, wand, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt) and soap hose.
The Kärcher K2 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Entry, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BIOP with a PSI of 2400.
- This washer reaches 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The K2 Entry's Cleaning Units, 2160 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BIOP, which can reach up to 3600 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-153.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 19.7 x 6.9 x 12 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.