The Kärcher K2 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Entry
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K2 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 10 amp motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 1600 PSI (around 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher K2 Entry has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Entry is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L19.7 x W6.9 x H12 in, the Kärcher K2 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Entry convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 10.6 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Even though the K2 Entry doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Kärcher K2 Entry comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K2 Entry are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, spray gun, wand, power cord, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt) and soap hose.
The Kärcher K2 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Entry with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with 1.76 GPM.
- The K2 Entry has 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.599-153.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 19.7 x 6.9 x 12 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.