The Kärcher K2 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-153.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 19.7 x 6.9 x 12 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Entry
The Kärcher K2 Entry, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher K2 Entry's axial cam pump, powered by a 10 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Kärcher K2 Entry thus has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Entry gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L19.7 x W6.9 x H12 in, the Kärcher K2 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Entry convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
Because the device weighs just 10.6 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the K2 Entry is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Kärcher K2 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K2 Entry comes with spray gun, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), soap hose, pressure hose, power cord and wand.
The Kärcher K2 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher K2 Entry, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $80-110 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Powermate PM2100 with 2100 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- With a rather impressive value of 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the K2 Entry has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pulsar PWE2001V with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Entry is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.