The Kärcher K2 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Entry
In summary, the Kärcher K2 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 10 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher K2 Entry's cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Entry gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L19.7 x W6.9 x H12 in, the Kärcher K2 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K2 Entry convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
With a weight of only 10.6 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the K2 Entry is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Kärcher K2 Entry comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher K2 Entry comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), wand, power cord, spray gun and soap hose.
The Kärcher K2 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Entry with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3500 with 2300 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.35 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with 1.76 GPM.
- The K2 Entry ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2160 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-153.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 19.7 x 6.9 x 12 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.