The Kärcher K2 Power Control is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.673-609.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 9.7 x 11 x 23.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, dirt blaster, utility brush, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2 Power Control
In summary, the Kärcher K2 Power Control is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K2 Power Control is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D9.7 x W11 x H23.1 in, the Kärcher K2 Power Control makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Because the device weighs just 11.4 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two never-flat wheels.
The Kärcher K2 Power Control's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in "MIX" mode.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 26 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch between 4 pressure settings, while you clean. The 4 settings are "MIX", "SOFT", "MEDIUM", and "HARD".
Home & Garden Mobile App
Kärcher Home & Garden app is available for Android (opens in a new tab) and iOS (opens in a new tab) devices. Even though this unit does not have Bluetooth connectivity, the app promises to turn you into a cleaning expert, by offering you access to Kärcher's extensive cleaning knowledge. It will enable you to:
- Get step-by-step help on installation and initial startup
- Consult its built-in advisor for instructions to achieve the best cleaning result in model scenarios (e.g. cleaning your bike)
- Read tips & tricks on how to get the most out of your washer
- Browse FAQ items and detailed troubleshooting guides
- Easily connect to the Kärcher service center to order accessories, detergents, etc.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K2 Power Control comes with power cord, soap hose, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), wand, spray gun, utility brush and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K2 Power Control's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2 Power Control compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K2 Power Control, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1700, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $150 to $170 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4003 that can reach up to 2200 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1798 Cleaning Units of the K2 Power Control rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean AR383 and its 2850 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2 Power Control is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Decent GPM for the price
- No soap tank
- No pressure hose storage
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2 Power Control is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.