The Kärcher K2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K2000
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K2000 is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp induction motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher K2000's cleaning power of 2600 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher allows you to easily start this electric pressure washer, utilizing the K2000's ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher K2000 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.3 x W22 x H35.5 in. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 44.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its aluminum frame. A set of two 10" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Kärcher K2000's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: The unit's dual soap tank system allows the use of two different detergent solutions, according to your cleaning requirements. Each tank has a capacity of 0.5 gal. As the Kärcher K2000 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A front sheath allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Kärcher K2000's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K2000 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, power cord, wand and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2000 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher K2000 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $170 to $200 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- The K2000's Cleaning Units, 2600 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.106-112.0|
|Soap tank||2x 0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 22 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.