The Kärcher K2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.106-112.0|
|Soap tank||2x 0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 22 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2000
The Kärcher K2000 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2600 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K2000 gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher K2000 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.3 x W22 x H35.5 in. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 44.5 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its aluminum frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 10" wheels.
The Kärcher K2000 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: The unit's dual soap tank system allows the use of two different detergent solutions, according to your cleaning requirements. Each tank has a capacity of 0.5 gal. It must be noted that the Kärcher K2000 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A front sheath allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K2000's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K2000 comes with wand, spray gun, power cord and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2000 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher K2000 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $170-200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3501 with 2300 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- Reaching up to 2600 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the K2000 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW21, which can reach up to 3572.8 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.