The Kärcher K2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.106-112.0|
|Soap tank||2x 0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 22 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2000
The Kärcher K2000 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2600 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K2000 gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.3 x W22 x H35.5 in, the Kärcher K2000 offers great mobility. The aluminum frame grants the device a good durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 44.5 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its aluminum frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 10" wheels.
The Kärcher K2000 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Two different detergent solutions can be used to match your needs, thanks to a dual soap tank system. Each tank has a capacity of 0.5 gal. The Kärcher K2000 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A front sheath allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K2000 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K2000 also comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Kärcher K2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher K2000 with its 2000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $255-300 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3200e with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- Reaching up to 2600 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the K2000 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.