The Kärcher K2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.106-112.0|
|Soap tank||2x 0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 22 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2000
In summary, the Kärcher K2000 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2000 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher K2000 has a cleaning power of 2600 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K2000 gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.3 x W22 x H35.5 in, the Kärcher K2000 provides great mobility. The aluminum frame grants the device a good durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 44.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Among other factors, the aluminum frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 10" wheels.
The Kärcher K2000 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A dual soap tank system allows you to use two different detergent solutions to match your cleaning needs. Each tank has a capacity of 0.5 gal. The Kärcher K2000 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A front sheath allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K2000's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K2000 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Kärcher K2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2000 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher K2000 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $170 to $200 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BIMK, which reaches up to 2600 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.3 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with 1.8 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2600 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the K2000 are average. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.