The Kärcher K2300PS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.106-222.0|
|Soap tank||2x removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.5 x 18.5 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K2300PS
The Kärcher K2300PS is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (almost 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K2300PS gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D21.5 x W18.5 x H35.4 in, the Kärcher K2300PS makes mobility one of its core strengths. The aluminum frame allows the device to remain highly durable, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Standing at only 43.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its aluminum frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Kärcher K2300PS comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A dual soap tank system allows you to use two different detergent solutions to match your cleaning needs. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Kärcher K2300PS's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K2300PS comes with spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K2300PS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K2300PS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2300 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher K2300PS has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $300 to $400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with 3200 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with a GPM of 2.3.
- As the K2300PS has a total of 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Ryobi RY143011, which can reach up to 3300 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K2300PS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- ON/OFF pedal
- Aluminum frame
- Good range of nozzles included
- Two distinct soap tanks
- Hose reel
- Onboard storage
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K2300PS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.