The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.601-990.0|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21.7 x 12 x 12.8 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, ⌀5.5", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K3 Follow Me
In summary, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher K3 Follow Me's cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
The K3 Follow Me is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L21.7 x W12 x H12.8 in, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K3 Follow Me convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 21.2 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of four 5.5" solid wheels.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.3 gal tank. However, since the Kärcher K3 Follow Me does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The 15 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A set of notches allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me also comes with pressure hose, wand, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), power cord and spray gun.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K3 Follow Me compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K3 Follow Me with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $150-180 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the K3 Follow Me rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with its 4200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K3 Follow Me is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.