The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K3 Follow Me
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher K3 Follow Me's cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K3 Follow Me is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L21.7 x W12 x H12.8 in, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K3 Follow Me convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
Standing at only 21.2 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of four 5.5" solid wheels.
Along with the Kärcher K3 Follow Me itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.3 gal tank. It must be noted that the Kärcher K3 Follow Me doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 15 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A set of notches enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K3 Follow Me are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K3 Follow Me compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K3 Follow Me with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the K3 Follow Me is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMH with its 4025 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K3 Follow Me is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.601-990.0|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21.7 x 12 x 12.8 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, ⌀5.5", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.