The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.601-990.0|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21.7 x 12 x 12.8 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, ⌀5.5", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K3 Follow Me
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Kärcher K3 Follow Me thus has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K3 Follow Me is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L21.7 x W12 x H12.8 in, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K3 Follow Me convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
Since the unit weighs only 21.2 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of four 5.5" solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.3 gal tank. As the Kärcher K3 Follow Me doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 15 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A set of notches allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me comes with power cord, spray gun, wand, pressure hose and DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt).
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K3 Follow Me compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1800 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher K3 Follow Me has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $120 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson CM60976, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse ePX3050 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the K3 Follow Me are average. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse ePX3050, which can reach up to 3608 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K3 Follow Me is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low GPM for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.