The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K3 Follow Me
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
The K3 Follow Me is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L21.7 x W12 x H12.8 in, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K3 Follow Me convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 21.2 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of four 5.5" solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.3 gal tank. It must be noted that the Kärcher K3 Follow Me doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 15 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A set of notches allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K3 Follow Me also comes with DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), pressure hose, power cord, wand and spray gun.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K3 Follow Me compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K3 Follow Me and its 1800 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $150 and $170. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2866-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- With 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the K3 Follow Me is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR and its 4200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K3 Follow Me is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.601-990.0|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21.7 x 12 x 12.8 in|
|Wheels||4 wheels, ⌀5.5", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K3 Follow Me is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.