The Kärcher K3 Power Control is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, induction
|Other model numbers
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 11.7 x 26.7 in
|2 wheels, solid
|VPS wand, Power Control spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, garden hose adapter, GFCI power cord
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K3 Power Control
The Kärcher K3 Power Control, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher K3 Power Control's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI and rated flow is 1.24 GPM. The Kärcher K3 Power Control thus has a cleaning power of 1798 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K3 Power Control is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W11.7 x H26.7 in, the Kärcher K3 Power Control makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 12.1 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Kärcher K3 Power Control comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable tank. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in "MIX" mode.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included Power Control spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
Power Control Gun
Karcher's Power Control trigger gun gives you an instant reading on your current pressure setting.
It features indicators that illuminate to show you which of the 4 settings the Vario Power Spray wand is currently set.
The four settings are "MIX", "SOFT", "MEDIUM", and "HARD".
Home & Garden Mobile App
Kärcher Home & Garden app is available for Android (opens in a new tab) and iOS (opens in a new tab) devices. Even though this unit does not have Bluetooth connectivity, the app promises to turn you into a cleaning expert, by offering you access to Kärcher's extensive cleaning knowledge. It will enable you to:
- Get step-by-step help on installation and initial startup
- Consult its built-in advisor for instructions to achieve the best cleaning result in model scenarios (e.g. cleaning your bike)
- Read tips & tricks on how to get the most out of your washer
- Browse FAQ items and detailed troubleshooting guides
- Easily connect to the Kärcher service center to order accessories, detergents, etc.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K3 Power Control also comes with spray gun, power cord, wand, pressure hose, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt) and garden hose adapter.
The Kärcher K3 Power Control's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K3 Power Control compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher K3 Power Control with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $150-170 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The K3 Power Control's Cleaning Units, 1798 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 and its 2870 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K3 Power Control is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K3 Power Control is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.