The Kärcher K4 Power Control is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.324-045.0|
|Soap tank||Plug 'n' Clean|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.8 x 12 x 23.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.6", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, Power Control spray gun, pressure hose, dirt blaster, garden hose adapter, GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K4 Power Control
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K4 Power Control is a light to medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 1900 PSI (around 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are maximum values that can only be reached in specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1500 PSI and rated flow is 1.31 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher K4 Power Control has a cleaning power of 1965 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K4 Power Control gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15.8 x W12 x H23.1 in, the Kärcher K4 Power Control makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 28.7 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6.6" solid wheels.
Along with the Kärcher K4 Power Control itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand and a pressure hose, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included Power Control spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
Plug 'n' Clean System
The practical Plug 'n' Clean system allows you to change the detergent in one quick and easy step, and to always see the filling level at a glance.
It removes the need for a proper soap tank, as you just have to plug your chosen Karcher detergent upside down in the unit's dedicated chamber.
6 Plug 'n' Clean detergents are available: Ultra Foam Cleaner, Plastic Cleaner, Wood Cleaner, Stone & Facade Cleaner, Car Shampoo, and Universal Cleaner.
Power Control Gun
Karcher's Power Control trigger gun gives you an instant reading on your current pressure setting.
It features indicators that illuminate to show you on which of the 4 settings the Vario Power Spray wand is set.
The four settings are "MIX", "SOFT", "MEDIUM", and "HARD".
Home & Garden Mobile App
Kärcher Home & Garden app is available for Android (opens in a new tab) and iOS (opens in a new tab) devices. Even though this unit does not have Bluetooth connectivity, the app claims to turn you into a cleaning expert, by offering you access to Kärcher's extensive cleaning knowledge. It will enable you to:
- Get step-by-step help on installation and initial startup
- Consult the built-in advisor to get instructions on getting the best cleaning result for your bike, for example
- Read tips & tricks on how to get the most out of your washer
- Go through FAQ items and detailed troubleshooting guides
- Easily connect to the Kärcher service center to order accessories, detergents, etc.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K4 Power Control also comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun, garden hose adapter, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt) and wand.
The Kärcher K4 Power Control's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K4 Power Control compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $330.
- The Karcher K4 Power Control, a device which can produce up to 1900 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 1.5, can be considered in the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- With 1965 Cleaning Units, the K4 Power Control is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K4 Power Control is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K4 Power Control is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.