The Kärcher K4 Power Control is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.324-045.0|
|Soap tank||Plug 'n' Clean|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.8 x 12 x 23.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.6", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, Power Control spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, garden hose adapter, GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K4 Power Control
In summary, the Kärcher K4 Power Control is a light to medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1500 PSI and rated flow is 1.31 GPM, resulting in the Kärcher K4 Power Control's cleaning power of 1965 Cleaning Units.
The K4 Power Control is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15.8 x W12 x H23.1 in, the Kärcher K4 Power Control makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 28.7 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6.6" solid wheels.
The Kärcher K4 Power Control comes with a spray gun, a wand and a pressure hose, which are detailed below.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The included Power Control spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
Plug 'n' Clean System
The practical Plug 'n' Clean system allows you to change the detergent in one quick and easy step, and to always see the filling level at a glance.
It removes the need for a proper soap tank, as you just have to plug your chosen Karcher detergent upside down in the unit's dedicated chamber.
6 Plug 'n' Clean detergents are available: Ultra Foam Cleaner, Plastic Cleaner, Wood Cleaner, Stone & Facade Cleaner, Car Shampoo, and Universal Cleaner.
Power Control Gun
Karcher's Power Control trigger gun gives you an instant reading on your current pressure setting.
It features indicators that illuminate to show you which of the 4 settings the Vario Power Spray wand is currently set.
The four settings are "MIX", "SOFT", "MEDIUM", and "HARD".
Home & Garden Mobile App
Kärcher Home & Garden app is available for Android (opens in a new tab) and iOS (opens in a new tab) devices. Even though this unit does not have Bluetooth connectivity, the app promises to turn you into a cleaning expert, by offering you access to Kärcher's extensive cleaning knowledge. It will enable you to:
- Get step-by-step help on installation and initial startup
- Consult its built-in advisor for instructions to achieve the best cleaning result in model scenarios (e.g. cleaning your bike)
- Read tips & tricks on how to get the most out of your washer
- Browse FAQ items and detailed troubleshooting guides
- Easily connect to the Kärcher service center to order accessories, detergents, etc.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K4 Power Control are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), garden hose adapter, pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Kärcher K4 Power Control's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K4 Power Control compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K4 Power Control, a device which can produce up to 1900 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with a PSI of 3200.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1965 Cleaning Units of the K4 Power Control rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Ryobi RY143011 and its 3300 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K4 Power Control is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Power Control gun
- Decent GPM for the price
- No soap injection feature
- No pressure hose storage
- The Plug 'n' Clean system is not the most eco-friendly
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K4 Power Control is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.