The Kärcher K5 Power Control is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.55 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.324-568.0|
|Soap tank||Plug 'n' Clean|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.8 x 12 x 23.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.6", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, Power Control spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, garden hose adapter, GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K5 Power Control
The Kärcher K5 Power Control is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher K5 Power Control's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (approximately 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.55 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1700 PSI and rated flow is 1.32 GPM. The Kärcher K5 Power Control thus has a cleaning power of 2244 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K5 Power Control is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15.8 x W12 x H23.1 in, the Kärcher K5 Power Control makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 29.9 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 6.6" solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Kärcher K5 Power Control itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent supply is ensured by Karcher's Plug 'n' Clean system. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in "MIX" mode.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included Power Control spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
Plug 'n' Clean System
The practical Plug 'n' Clean system allows you to change the detergent in one quick and easy step, and to always see the filling level at a glance.
It removes the need for a proper soap tank, as you just have to plug your chosen Karcher detergent upside down in the unit's dedicated chamber.
6 Plug 'n' Clean detergents are available: Ultra Foam Cleaner, Plastic Cleaner, Wood Cleaner, Stone & Facade Cleaner, Car Shampoo, and Universal Cleaner.
Power Control Gun
Karcher's Power Control trigger gun gives you an instant reading on your current pressure setting.
It features indicators that illuminate to show you which of the 4 settings the Vario Power Spray wand is currently set.
The four settings are "MIX", "SOFT", "MEDIUM", and "HARD".
Home & Garden Mobile App
Kärcher Home & Garden app is available for Android (opens in a new tab) and iOS (opens in a new tab) devices. Even though this unit does not have Bluetooth connectivity, the app promises to turn you into a cleaning expert, by offering you access to Kärcher's extensive cleaning knowledge. It will enable you to:
- Get step-by-step help on installation and initial startup
- Consult its built-in advisor for instructions to achieve the best cleaning result in model scenarios (e.g. cleaning your bike)
- Read tips & tricks on how to get the most out of your washer
- Browse FAQ items and detailed troubleshooting guides
- Easily connect to the Kärcher service center to order accessories, detergents, etc.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K5 Power Control are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as garden hose adapter, power cord, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Kärcher K5 Power Control's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K5 Power Control compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K5 Power Control and its 2000 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $300 and $400. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with 3200 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 1.55 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, which can reach up to 2.3 GPM.
- With 2244 Cleaning Units, the K5 Power Control is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K5 Power Control is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K5 Power Control is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.