The Kärcher K5 Power Control is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.55 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.324-568.0|
|Soap tank||Plug 'n' Clean|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.8 x 12 x 23.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.6", solid|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, Power Control spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, garden hose adapter, GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K5 Power Control
The Kärcher K5 Power Control is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp induction motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.55 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are maximum values that can only be reached in specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1700 PSI and rated flow is 1.32 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2244 Cleaning Units.
The K5 Power Control is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15.8 x W12 x H23.1 in, the Kärcher K5 Power Control makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 29.9 lbs. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6.6" solid wheels.
The Kärcher K5 Power Control comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent supply is ensured by Karcher's Plug 'n' Clean system. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in "MIX" mode.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included Power Control spray gun and its VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
Plug 'n' Clean System
The practical Plug 'n' Clean system allows you to change the detergent in one quick and easy step, and to always see the filling level at a glance.
It removes the need for a proper soap tank, as you just have to plug your chosen Karcher detergent upside down in the unit's dedicated chamber.
6 Plug 'n' Clean detergents are available: Ultra Foam Cleaner, Plastic Cleaner, Wood Cleaner, Stone & Facade Cleaner, Car Shampoo, and Universal Cleaner.
Power Control Gun
Karcher's Power Control trigger gun gives you an instant reading on your current pressure setting.
It features indicators that illuminate to show you on which of the 4 settings the Vario Power Spray wand is set.
The four settings are "MIX", "SOFT", "MEDIUM", and "HARD".
Home & Garden Mobile App
Kärcher Home & Garden app is available for Android (opens in a new tab) and iOS (opens in a new tab) devices. Even though this unit does not have Bluetooth connectivity, the app claims to turn you into a cleaning expert, by offering you access to Kärcher's extensive cleaning knowledge. It will enable you to:
- Get step-by-step help on installation and initial startup
- Consult the built-in advisor to get instructions on getting the best cleaning result for your bike, for example
- Read tips & tricks on how to get the most out of your washer
- Go through FAQ items and detailed troubleshooting guides
- Easily connect to the Kärcher service center to order accessories, detergents, etc.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K5 Power Control comes with power cord, pressure hose, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), spray gun, garden hose adapter and wand.
The Kärcher K5 Power Control's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K5 Power Control compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $400.
- The Karcher K5 Power Control, with a maximum pressure output of 2000 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $400 to $500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the AR Blue Clean MAXX3000, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.55 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO has the highest GPM of 2.
- As the K5 Power Control has a total of 2244 Cleaning Units, it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Powerhorse 157065 and its 2860 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K5 Power Control is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K5 Power Control is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.