The Kärcher K5 Premium is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, induction
|Other model numbers
|25 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.46 x 16.77 x 34.33 in
|2 wheels, ⌀7.7"
|VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, detergent tank, 35 ft GFCI power cord
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K5 Premium
The Kärcher K5 Premium, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2800 Cleaning Units.
The K5 Premium is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D16.46 x W16.77 x H34.33 in, the Kärcher K5 Premium makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K5 Premium convenience of transport.
Standing at only 28.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 7.7" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Kärcher K5 Premium itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable tank. The detergent dilution ratio is selected manually, via a dedicated dial. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K5 Premium also comes with wand, DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt), pressure hose, spray gun, detergent tank and power cord.
The Kärcher K5 Premium's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K5 Premium compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher K5 Premium, a device which can produce up to 2000 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $240-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3000e with a PSI of 3000.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.4 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- The K5 Premium, which reaches up to 2800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Ryobi RY143011 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K5 Premium is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K5 Premium is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.