The Kärcher K5 Premium is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.603-361.0|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.46 x 16.77 x 34.33 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7.7"|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, dirt blaster, detergent tank, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K5 Premium
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K5 Premium is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Kärcher K5 Premium's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (approximately 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Kärcher K5 Premium thus has a cleaning power of 2800 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K5 Premium gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D16.46 x W16.77 x H34.33 in, the Kärcher K5 Premium makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K5 Premium convenience of transport.
Standing at only 28.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 7.7" wheels.
The Kärcher K5 Premium's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable tank. The detergent dilution ratio is selected manually, via a dedicated dial. Detergent is automatically dispensed when the VPS wand is in low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its VPS wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K5 Premium comes with detergent tank, pressure hose, spray gun, power cord, wand and DirtBlaster turbo spray wand (which is especially useful on stubborn dirt).
The Kärcher K5 Premium's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K5 Premium compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K5 Premium, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $240 to $300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with a PSI of 3000.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.4 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with a GPM of 2.3.
- The K5 Premium, which reaches up to 2800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW3000 with its 3300 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K5 Premium is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Detergent dilution mechanism
- Hose reel
- High CU for the price
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K5 Premium is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.