The Lifan LFQ2865 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196cc 6.5 HP Lifan 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 19 x 27 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Lifan LFQ2865
In summary, the Lifan LFQ2865 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Powered by a 196cc (6.5 hp) engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2800 PSI (around 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Lifan LFQ2865 has a cleaning power of 7000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Lifan engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Lifan LFQ2865 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
At 82 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 196cc Lifan engine and steel tubing frame. However, its two 10" wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the Lifan LFQ2865 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is diluted with a 7:1 ratio by the Lifan LFQ2865's automatic soap dilution mechanism.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Lifan's adjustable wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, while you clean. Simply twist the end to adjust the pressure and spray pattern on-the-go.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Lifan LFQ2865 comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Lifan LFQ2865 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Lifan LFQ2865's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Lifan LFQ2865 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Lifan LFQ2865, a device which can produce up to 2800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.5 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with a GPM of 3.
- The 7000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the LFQ2865 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Lifan LFQ2865 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Established in 1992, Lifan Group is headquartered in Chongqing, China. Originally a manufacturer of motorcycles, Lifan has expanded its operations worldwide to build and distribute automobiles and buses. More recently, the company has used its experience in designing and building motors to make generators, pressure washers, and other small outdoor power products. Lifan Power USA has regional offices in Van Buren, Arkansas.
The Lifan LFQ2865 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Lifan pressure washers, please consult Lifan's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-471-7464.