The NorthStar 1571101 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571101
The NorthStar 1571101, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 15 amp motor, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 1700 PSI (around 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the NorthStar 1571101 has a cleaning power of 2550 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 1571101 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571101 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
This model weighs 91 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
Along with the NorthStar 1571101 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The NorthStar 1571101 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 15:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1571101 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the NorthStar 1571101 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, pressure hose, spray gun, oil, wand and power cord.
The NorthStar 1571101's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571101 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 1571101 and its 1700 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $720 and $1300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the NorthStar 1571103 with a PSI of 3000.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the NorthStar 1571103, that can deliver up to 2.5 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2550 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 1571101 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the NorthStar 1571103 and its 7500 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571101 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (165°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump EVO-0 Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571101 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.