The NorthStar 1571102 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571102
In summary, the NorthStar 1571102 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 20 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 3000 Cleaning Units.
The 1571102 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571102 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
This model weighs 105 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the device’s two 10" never-flat wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The NorthStar 1571102 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1571102 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The NorthStar 1571102 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, wand, spray gun, pressure hose, oil and soap hose.
The NorthStar 1571102's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571102 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 1571102, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $990 to $1700 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the NorthStar 1571103 with a PSI of 3000.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the NorthStar 1571104 has the highest GPM of 4.
- The 1571102 has 3000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the NorthStar 1571104 with its 8000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571102 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||CAT 4DX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571102 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.