The NorthStar 1571103 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571103
In summary, the NorthStar 1571103 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The NorthStar 1571103's triplex pump, powered by a 30 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The NorthStar 1571103 thus has a cleaning power of 7500 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 1571103 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571103 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
This model weighs 130 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The NorthStar 1571103 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1571103 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the NorthStar 1571103 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, soap hose, oil, power cord, pressure hose and wand.
The NorthStar 1571103's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571103 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3000 PSI, the NorthStar 1571103 is one of the electric products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $700 to $1300 price range.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The 1571103, which reaches up to 7500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 6000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571103 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||CAT 4DNX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571103 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.