The NorthStar 1571103 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571103
The NorthStar 1571103, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 30 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (almost 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7500 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 1571103 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571103 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
This model weighs 130 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit’s two 10" never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the NorthStar 1571103 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1571103 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the NorthStar 1571103 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, oil, spray gun, wand, pressure hose and power cord.
The NorthStar 1571103's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571103 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 1571103, which can reach up to 3000 PSI, has one of the highest pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $700 and $1150.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The 1571103, which reaches up to 7500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 6000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571103 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||CAT 4DNX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571103 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.