The NorthStar 1571103 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||CAT 4DNX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571103
The NorthStar 1571103, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 30 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (almost 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7500 Cleaning Units.
The 1571103 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571103 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
This model weighs 130 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. A key role in its final weight is played by its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit’s two 10" never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The NorthStar 1571103's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with NorthStar 1571103's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the NorthStar 1571103 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, oil, soap hose, wand, pressure hose and power cord.
The NorthStar 1571103's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571103 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3000 PSI, the NorthStar 1571103 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $1200 and $1450.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- Reaching up to 7500 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 1571103 is one of the most efficient amongst its similarly priced peers.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 5500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571103 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Triplex pump
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 10 year (limited) warranty
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571103 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.