The NorthStar 1571104 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571104
The NorthStar 1571104, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 30 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 1571104 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571104 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 1571104 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 155 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributor to its weight are its motor, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, its two 10" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the NorthStar 1571104 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with NorthStar 1571104's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The NorthStar 1571104 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and soap hose.
The NorthStar 1571104's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571104 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 1571104, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $1650 to $2000 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the NorthStar 1571105 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The 1571104 has 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the NorthStar 1571105 with its 12000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 6500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571104 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump EP Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571104 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.