The NorthStar 1571104 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump EP Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the NorthStar 1571104
The NorthStar 1571104 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Powered by a 30 amp motor, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 2000 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the NorthStar 1571104 has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the NorthStar 1571104's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 1571104 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 1571104 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 155 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its motor, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the device’s two 10" never-flat wheels play a key role in its maneuverability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The NorthStar 1571104 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1571104's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the NorthStar 1571104 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand, soap hose and power cord.
The NorthStar 1571104's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1571104 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 1571104 with its 2000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $2000-2400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DXPW2500E, which reaches up to 2500 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The 1571104, which reaches up to 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the DeWalt DXPW2500E and its 8750 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 6500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 1571104 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Triplex pump
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 10 year (limited) warranty
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
- Low PSI for the price
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1571104 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.