The NorthStar 157123 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||193 cc 6.5 HP Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||CAT 4DNX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 40.3 x 26 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the NorthStar 157123
The NorthStar 157123, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The NorthStar 157123's triplex pump, powered by a 193 cc (6.5 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3300 PSI (approximately 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The NorthStar 157123 thus has a cleaning power of 8250 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX200 engine.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.8 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 157123 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 157123 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 95 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 193 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, its two 10" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The NorthStar 157123's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is diluted with a 15:1 ratio by the NorthStar 157123's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with NorthStar 157123's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The NorthStar 157123 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The NorthStar 157123 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The NorthStar 157123's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 157123 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 157123 with its 3300 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the A-iPower APW4200 that can reach up to 4200 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 1574200, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- The 157123 has 8250 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the A-iPower APW4200 with its 16800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 157123 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 157123 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.