The NorthStar 157134 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 157134
In a nutshell, the NorthStar 157134 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 389 cc (11.7 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 4000 PSI (almost 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 14000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX390 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the NorthStar 157134 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 157134 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 249 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 15" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The NorthStar 157134's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The NorthStar 157134 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 15:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 157134's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The NorthStar 157134 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The NorthStar 157134 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The NorthStar 157134's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 157134 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 157134, with a max water pressure of 4000 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $1550-1800 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with 4500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 3.5 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the NorthStar 157160, with 5 GPM.
- The 157134 has 14000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 14000 and 14500 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 157134 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||389 cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Comet RW4040S Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 50 x 29 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀15", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 157134 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.