The NorthStar 1573021 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the NorthStar 1571103. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||CAT 4DNX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the NorthStar 1573021
In summary, the NorthStar 1573021 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The NorthStar 1573021's triplex pump, powered by a 30 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The NorthStar 1573021 thus has a cleaning power of 7500 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 1573021 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D34 x W21 x H38 in, the NorthStar 1573021 offers great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 1573021 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 139 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. A key role in its final weight is played by its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The NorthStar 1573021 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1573021 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The NorthStar 1573021 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, spray gun and power cord.
The NorthStar 1573021's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1573021 compared to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $950.
- With 3000 PSI, the NorthStar 1573021 ranked as one that could reach the highest pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $950 and $1150.
- With a water flow of up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belonged to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- Reaching up to 7500 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 1573021 was one of the most efficient amongst its similarly priced peers.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1573021 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.