The NorthStar 1573021 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the NorthStar 1571103. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the NorthStar 1573021
The NorthStar 1573021 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 30 amp motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the NorthStar 1573021's cleaning power of 7500 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the NorthStar 1573021's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 36 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA 6-30P plug, which should be plugged into a 6-30R receptacle.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D34 x W21 x H38 in, the NorthStar 1573021 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 1573021 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 139 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the device’s two 10" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuverability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
Along with the NorthStar 1573021 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 2 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 1573021 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the NorthStar 1573021 comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The NorthStar 1573021's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 1573021 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $950.
- With 3000 PSI, the NorthStar 1573021 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $990 and $1800.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.5 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the NorthStar 1571104, with a GPM of 4.
- The 1573021, with its 7500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the NorthStar 1571104 and its 8000 Cleaning Units.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Pump||CAT 4DNX Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 36 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 1573021 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.