The NorthStar 15782030 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 15782030
In a nutshell, the NorthStar 15782030 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 389 cc (11.7 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (almost 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 15000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX390 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L34 x W21 x H38 in, the NorthStar 15782030 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 15782030 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 160 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 15" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
Along with the NorthStar 15782030 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The NorthStar 15782030 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 15:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 15782030's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the NorthStar 15782030 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, spray gun, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The NorthStar 15782030 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The NorthStar 15782030's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 15782030 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The NorthStar 15782030, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3000, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $1300 to $1700 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite that can reach up to 4500 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 5 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- The 15782030's Cleaning Units, 15000 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which can reach up to 18000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 14700 and 15800 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 15782030 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||389 cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||NorthStar SHFD5030 Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀15", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 15782030 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.