The NorthStar 15782030 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the NorthStar 15782030
The NorthStar 15782030 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 389 cc (11.7 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the NorthStar 15782030's cleaning power of 15000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX390 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The NorthStar 15782030 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L34 x W21 x H38 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 15782030 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 160 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. A key role in its final weight is played by its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 15" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The NorthStar 15782030 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the NorthStar 15782030 will dilute the detergent with a 15:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The NorthStar 15782030 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the NorthStar 15782030 also comes with soap hose, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The NorthStar 15782030 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The NorthStar 15782030's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the NorthStar 15782030 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1600.
- The NorthStar 15782030, a device which can produce up to 3000 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $1350-1900 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the NorthStar 157127, which reaches up to 4200 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 5 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The 15782030's Cleaning Units, 15000 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Stihl RB 800 and its 16800 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 14500 and 16000 Cleaning Units, the NorthStar 15782030 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||389 cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||NorthStar SHFD5030 Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀15", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The NorthStar brand of outdoor power equipment is owned and distributed by the Northern Tool company, which was founded in 1981 in Minnesota, USA. The brand includes log splitters, generators, pressure washers, and air compressors. Though many of the components are manufactured in Northern Tool’s factory in China, NorthStar pressure washers are engineered, assembled, and tested in America, and powered by Honda engines. They include hot water, cold water, and soft-wash systems, along with many accessories. NorthStar brand products make up a large percentage of Northern Tool's product line.
The NorthStar 15782030 is covered under a warranty for up to 4 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of NorthStar pressure washers, please contact the NorthStar Customer Support: 1-800-270-0810.