The Portland 63254 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1750 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (120°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||63255|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 10.5 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Portland 63254
The Portland 63254 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1750 PSI (roughly 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1450 PSI. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1885 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Portland 63254's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W10.5 x H31 in, the Portland 63254 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 63254 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 19 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 4" never-flat wheels.
The Portland 63254's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Portland 63254 comes with pressure hose, wand, power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Portland 63254's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Portland 63254 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Portland 63254, with a maximum pressure output of 1750 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $70 to $100 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Powermate PM2100 with 2100 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- As the 63254 has a total of 1885 Cleaning Units, it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Craftsman CMEPW1800 and its 2160 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Portland 63254 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Known for its affordability, Portland is a brand of tools and hardware products sold exclusively by Harbor Freight. The Portland brand offers a variety of products ranging from power tools, hand tools, and accessories, to outdoor equipment, automotive tools, and more.
The Portland 63254 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Portland pressure washers, please consult Portland's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-866-5797.