The Portland 63254 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1750 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (120°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||63255|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 10.5 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Portland 63254
In summary, the Portland 63254 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1750 PSI (around 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Portland 63254 has a cleaning power of 2275 Cleaning Units.
The 63254 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W10.5 x H31 in, the Portland 63254 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 63254 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 19 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 4" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Portland 63254's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Portland 63254 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, power cord, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Portland 63254's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Portland 63254 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 1750 PSI max pressure output, the Portland 63254 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $80-110 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW22, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- The 63254 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2275 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX and its 3690 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Portland 63254 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Portland 63254 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Portland pressure washers, please consult Portland's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-866-5797.