The Portland 63254 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1750 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (120°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||63255|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 10.5 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Portland 63254
In summary, the Portland 63254 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1750 PSI (around 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1450 PSI. Combined, these values mean that the Portland 63254 has a cleaning power of 1885 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 63254 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W10.5 x H31 in, the Portland 63254 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 63254 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 19 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 4" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Portland 63254 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Portland 63254 comes with spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand, power cord, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Portland 63254's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Portland 63254 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Portland 63254, which can reach a PSI of 1750, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $80 and $110. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW22, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 1885 Cleaning Units of the 63254 are average. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW19, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Portland 63254 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Portland 63254 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Portland pressure washers, please consult Portland's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-866-5797.