The Portland 63254 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1750 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Portland 63254
In summary, the Portland 63254 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1750 PSI (around 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Portland 63254 has a cleaning power of 2275 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 63254 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W10.5 x H31 in, the Portland 63254 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 63254 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 19 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 4" never-flat wheels.
The Portland 63254 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Portland 63254 also comes with wand, power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Portland 63254's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Portland 63254 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 1750 PSI, the Portland 63254 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $60 to $90 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the WEN PW19 with a PSI of 2000.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Pulsar PWE1600 has the highest GPM of 1.6.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2275 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 63254 are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Portland 63254 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (120°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||63255|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 10.5 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Portland 63254 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Portland pressure washers, please consult Portland's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-866-5797.