The Portland 63254 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1750 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Portland 63254
The Portland 63254, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1750 PSI (almost 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2275 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 63254 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W10.5 x H31 in, the Portland 63254 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 63254 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 19 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 4" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Portland 63254 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Portland 63254 also comes with wand, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
The Portland 63254's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Portland 63254 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1750 PSI max pressure output, the Portland 63254 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $70 to $100 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX with 2000 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY01-VBS-WT, with a GPM of 1.65.
- The 63254 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2275 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Sun Joe SPX2598-MAX and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Portland 63254 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (120°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||63255|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 10.5 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Portland 63254 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Portland pressure washers, please consult Portland's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-866-5797.