The Powerhorse 157055 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 157055
In summary, the Powerhorse 157055 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Powerhorse 157055's cleaning power of 2700 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Powerhorse 157055's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W14 x H26 in, the Powerhorse 157055 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 34 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 7" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Powerhorse 157055's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.32 gal tank. The Powerhorse 157055 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 19 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse 157055 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Powerhorse 157055 comes with power cord, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Powerhorse 157055's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 157055 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 157055, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $200 to $250 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Ryobi RY142300 with 2300 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- With a rather impressive value of 2700 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 157055 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Kärcher K5 Premium with its 2800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 157055 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||19 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 14 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 157055 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.