The Powerhorse 157055 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 157055
The Powerhorse 157055 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Powerhorse 157055's cleaning power of 2700 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 157055 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W14 x H26 in, the Powerhorse 157055 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Since the unit weighs only 34 lbs, it is very easily carried around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 7" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Powerhorse 157055 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The Powerhorse 157055 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 19 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Powerhorse 157055's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Powerhorse 157055 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, power cord, wand and spray gun.
The Powerhorse 157055's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 157055 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 157055, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- With the 157055's 2700 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 157055 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||19 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 14 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 157055 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.