The Powerhorse 157055 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||19 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 14 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Powerhorse 157055
In summary, the Powerhorse 157055 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Powerhorse 157055's cleaning power of 2700 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 157055 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W14 x H26 in, the Powerhorse 157055 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 34 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 7" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Powerhorse 157055 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.32 gal tank. The Powerhorse 157055 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 19 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Powerhorse 157055's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Powerhorse 157055 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner, power cord and pressure hose.
The Powerhorse 157055's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 157055 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 157055, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $170 to $200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3500 with 2300 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 2700 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 157055 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 157055 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 157055 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.