The Powerhorse 157055 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 157055
In summary, the Powerhorse 157055 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Powerhorse 157055's cleaning power of 2700 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 157055 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W14 x H26 in, the Powerhorse 157055 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Since the unit weighs only 34 lbs, it is very easily carried around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Powerhorse 157055 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.32 gal tank. The Powerhorse 157055 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 19 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse 157055 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Powerhorse 157055 also comes with power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand and pressure hose.
The Powerhorse 157055's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 157055 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 157055 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $195-255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with a PSI of 2600.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The 157055's Cleaning Units, 2700 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 157055 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||19 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 14 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 157055 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.