The Powerhorse 157065 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 19 x 19 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Powerhorse 157065
The Powerhorse 157065, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Powerhorse 157065's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (approximately 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). The Powerhorse 157065 thus has a cleaning power of 2860 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 157065 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Powerhorse 157065 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D19 x W19 x H36 in. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 55 lbs. As its motor accounts for a good portion of that weight, Powerhorse's choice of an aluminum frame allows the device to stay at a reasonable weight. But, as the 157065 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Powerhorse 157065's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse 157065 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the pressure adjusting knob located on the front of the unit. It allows you to choose between 1300, 1600, 1900, and 2200 PSI.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Powerhorse 157065 comes with pressure hose, wand, power cord, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and soap hose.
The Powerhorse 157065's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 157065 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $400.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2200 PSI, the Powerhorse 157065 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $400 and $500. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the AR Blue Clean MAXX3000 with 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO, with a GPM of 2.
- The 157065, which reaches up to 2860 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 157065 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 157065 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.