The Powerhorse 157065 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 157065
In a nutshell, the Powerhorse 157065 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (almost 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2860 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 157065 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Powerhorse 157065 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D19 x W19 x H36 in. The aluminum frame allows the device to remain highly durable, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 55 lbs. As its motor accounts for a good portion of that weight, Powerhorse's choice of an aluminum frame allows the device to stay at a reasonable weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the 157065 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Powerhorse 157065's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse 157065 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the pressure adjusting knob located on the front of the unit. It allows you to choose between 1300, 1600, 1900, and 2200 PSI.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Powerhorse 157065 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and power cord.
The Powerhorse 157065's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 157065 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 157065, with a maximum pressure output of 2200 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $300 to $400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4601 with 3000 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2860 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 157065 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW3000 with its 6000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 157065 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 19 x 19 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 157065 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.