The Powerhorse 89897 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 89897
In summary, the Powerhorse 89897 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 212 cc (6 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8320 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25.5 x W21 x H38.5 in, the Powerhorse 89897 provides great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 89897 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 68 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc engine and its steel frame. Since the 89897 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Powerhorse 89897's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Powerhorse 89897 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 15:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Powerhorse 89897's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Powerhorse 89897 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Powerhorse 89897 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Powerhorse 89897's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 89897 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 89897, which can reach up to 3200 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- Reaching up to 8320 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 89897 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 3200 with its 8960 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 89897 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc 6 HP OHV 4-stroke|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25.5 x 21 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 89897 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.