The Powerhorse 89897 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 89897
The Powerhorse 89897, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a powerful 212 cc (6 hp) engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Powerhorse 89897's cleaning power of 8320 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Powerhorse 89897 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25.5 x W21 x H38.5 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 89897 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 68 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc engine and its steel frame. But, as the 89897 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Powerhorse 89897 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Powerhorse 89897 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 15:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse 89897 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Powerhorse 89897 comes with pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Powerhorse 89897 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Powerhorse 89897's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 89897 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 89897, with a max water pressure of 3200 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $300-400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Stanley SXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with a GPM of 3.
- Reaching up to 8320 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 89897 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 89897 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc 6 HP OHV 4-stroke|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25.5 x 21 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 89897 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.