The Powerhorse 89897 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 89897
The Powerhorse 89897 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Powerhorse 89897's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 212 cc (6 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Powerhorse 89897 thus has a cleaning power of 8320 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Powerhorse 89897 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25.5 x W21 x H38.5 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 89897 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 68 lbs. Its 212 cc engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, the 89897 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Powerhorse 89897's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Powerhorse 89897 will dilute the detergent with a 15:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Powerhorse 89897's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Powerhorse 89897 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Powerhorse 89897 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Powerhorse 89897's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 89897 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Powerhorse 89897 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $250 and $300.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- With a rather impressive value of 8320 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 89897 has one of the highest cleaning efficiencies compared to similarly priced devices.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 89897 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc 6 HP OHV 4-stroke|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25.5 x 21 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 89897 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.