The Powerhorse 89897 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powerhorse 89897
The Powerhorse 89897 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Powerhorse 89897's axial cam pump, powered by a powerful 212 cc (6 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Powerhorse 89897 thus has a cleaning power of 8320 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Powerhorse 89897 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25.5 x W21 x H38.5 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 89897 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 68 lbs. Its 212 cc engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the 89897 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Powerhorse 89897 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The Powerhorse 89897 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 15:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse 89897 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Powerhorse 89897 also comes with spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Powerhorse 89897 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Powerhorse 89897's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse 89897 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powerhorse 89897, with a max water pressure of 3200 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $240-300 price range.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Excell EPW2123100 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- Reaching up to 8320 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 89897 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Excell EPW2123100, which can reach up to 8680 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse 89897 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc 6 HP OHV 4-stroke|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25.5 x 21 x 38.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse 89897 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.