The Powerhorse PPW2300 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, brushless|
|Other model numbers||106168|
|Soap tank||1.35 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19 x 36.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Powerhorse PPW2300
The Powerhorse PPW2300 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 14 amp brushless motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (almost 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PPW2300 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19 x H36.5 in, the Powerhorse PPW2300 provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the PPW2300 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 45.5 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Powerhorse PPW2300 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1.35 gal tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Powerhorse PPW2300 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Powerhorse PPW2300 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Powerhorse PPW2300's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powerhorse PPW2300 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2300 PSI max pressure output, the Powerhorse PPW2300 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $300-400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, that can deliver up to 2.3 GPM.
- The PPW2300, which reaches up to 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powerhorse PPW2300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Powerhorse outdoor power products brand offers a range of gas- and electric-powered tools including pressure washers, log splitters, wood chippers/shredders, and electric generators. Also available are engines and water pumps. With a motto of "Power You Can Depend On", Powerhorse is a trademarked brand name that is distributed exclusively by the Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc.
The Powerhorse PPW2300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powerhorse pressure washers, please contact the Powerhorse Customer Support: 1-866-443-2576.