The Powermate PM1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powermate PM1800
The Powermate PM1800, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PM1800 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D9.9 x W12.7 x H27.5 in, the Powermate PM1800 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM1800 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 16 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Powermate PM1800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (5220 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Powermate PM1800 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Powermate PM1800 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and wand.
The Powermate PM1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powermate PM1800, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the PM1800 rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BIOP and its 3600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||8885, G0088850|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 9.9 x 12.7 x 27.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.