The Powermate PM1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||8885, G0088850|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 9.9 x 12.7 x 27.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Powermate PM1800
In summary, the Powermate PM1800 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1450 PSI. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1885 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Powermate PM1800's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D9.9 x W12.7 x H27.5 in, the Powermate PM1800 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM1800 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 16 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 5" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Powermate PM1800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (5220 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Powermate PM1800's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Powermate PM1800 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
The Powermate PM1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1800 PSI max pressure output, the Powermate PM1800 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $120 to $150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000 with 2030 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1885 Cleaning Units of the PM1800 rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.