The Powermate PM1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powermate PM1800
The Powermate PM1800 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards), resulting in the Powermate PM1800's cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PM1800 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D9.9 x W12.7 x H27.5 in, the Powermate PM1800 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM1800 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 16 lbs. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Powermate PM1800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (5220 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Powermate PM1800's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Powermate PM1800 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Powermate PM1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powermate PM1800, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3500 with 2300 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the PM1800 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||8885, G0088850|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 9.9 x 12.7 x 27.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.