The Powermate PM2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powermate PM2100
In a nutshell, the Powermate PM2100 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Powermate PM2100's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (approximately 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Powermate PM2100 thus has a cleaning power of 2835 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PM2100 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12.1 x W15.1 x H32.2 in, the Powermate PM2100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM2100 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 22.4 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 6" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Powermate PM2100 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.26 gal tank. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (6380 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Powermate PM2100 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Powermate PM2100 comes with spray gun, power cord, nozzle cleaner, wand and pressure hose.
The Powermate PM2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2100 PSI max pressure output, the Powermate PM2100 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $170-200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2005P has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The 2835 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the PM2100 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM2100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||8886, G0088860|
|Soap tank||0.26 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12.1 x 15.1 x 32.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.