The Powermate PM2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||8886, G0088860|
|Soap tank||0.26 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12.1 x 15.1 x 32.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Powermate PM2100
The Powermate PM2100, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (almost 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM. PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1550 PSI. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2092.5 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Powermate PM2100's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12.1 x W15.1 x H32.2 in, the Powermate PM2100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM2100 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 22.4 lbs. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Powermate PM2100 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.26 gal tank. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (6380 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Powermate PM2100 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Powermate PM2100 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, nozzle cleaner, power cord, wand and pressure hose.
The Powermate PM2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Powermate PM2100, which can reach up to 2100 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $170 and $200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550 that can reach up to 2350 PSI.
- This washer reaches 1.35 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- The PM2100 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2092.5 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM2100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.