The Powermate PM2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||8886, G0088860|
|Soap tank||0.26 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12.1 x 15.1 x 32.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Powermate PM2100
In summary, the Powermate PM2100 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (almost 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM. PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1550 PSI. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2092.5 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PM2100 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12.1 x W15.1 x H32.2 in, the Powermate PM2100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM2100 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 22.4 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Powermate PM2100's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.26 gal tank. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (6380 PSI rating) is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Powermate PM2100's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Powermate PM2100 also comes with power cord, wand, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
The Powermate PM2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2100 PSI, the Powermate PM2100 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $100 and $130. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.35 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- As the PM2100 has a total of 2092.5 Cleaning Units, it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pulsar PWE2001V with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM2100 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.