The Powermate PM2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.35 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Powermate PM2100
The Powermate PM2100, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2100 PSI (roughly 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.35 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards), resulting in the Powermate PM2100's cleaning power of 2835 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PM2100 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12.1 x W15.1 x H32.2 in, the Powermate PM2100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PM2100 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 22.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" never-flat wheels.
The Powermate PM2100's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.26 gal tank. To add detergent to the water, the adjustable nozzle must be disconnected from the trigger gun.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (6380 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: an adjustable nozzle is included. It lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Powermate PM2100's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Powermate PM2100 also comes with nozzle cleaner, power cord, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
The Powermate PM2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Powermate PM2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $180.
- With its 2100 PSI max pressure output, the Powermate PM2100 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $170-200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 1.35, can be considered in the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With the PM2100's 2835 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX and its 3640 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Powermate PM2100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||8886, G0088860|
|Soap tank||0.26 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12.1 x 15.1 x 32.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Powermate is a brand of portable and commercial generators, pressure washers, and other outdoor power equipment. In 2014, Generac Power Systems acquired the brand name to market its generators and water pumps. The other outdoor power tools, including pressure washers and air compressors under the Powermate brand are owned by Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Powermate PM2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Powermate pressure washers, please consult Powermate's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-445-1805.