The PowerStroke PS14120B is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 31.3 x 10.8 x 20.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 32 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the PowerStroke PS14120B
In summary, the PowerStroke PS14120B is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The PowerStroke PS14120B's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The PowerStroke PS14120B thus has a cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PS14120B gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 32 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L31.3 x W10.8 x H20.2 in, the PowerStroke PS14120B makes mobility one of its core strengths. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 28.4 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 7" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The PowerStroke PS14120B comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The PowerStroke PS14120B allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The PowerStroke PS14120B comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The PowerStroke PS14120B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the PowerStroke PS14120B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The PowerStroke PS14120B and its 1600 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $80 and $110. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Powermate PM2100 with 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the PS14120B sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2001V and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the PowerStroke PS14120B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
PowerStroke is a brand name of outdoor power equipment owned by the parent company, Techtronic Industries Company Limited, (TTi) founded in 1985 and based in Hong Kong, with subsidiary offices in Anderson, South Carolina. TTi designs, manufactures, and markets many different brands of power tools worldwide. The PowerStroke line of tools includes pressure washers, generators, corded electric/battery powered drills, sanders, and heat guns.
The PowerStroke PS14120B is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of PowerStroke pressure washers, please consult PowerStroke's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-617-3501.