The PowerStroke PS80519B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the PowerStroke PS80519B
In a nutshell, the PowerStroke PS80519B is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 150 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 4400 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D19.2 x W17.2 x H34.8 in, the PowerStroke PS80519B provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the PS80519B convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 58.1 lbs. Its 150 cc engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the PS80519B does have a set of two never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The PowerStroke PS80519B's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the PowerStroke PS80519B will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with PowerStroke PS80519B's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the PowerStroke PS80519B also comes with oil, wand, pressure hose, funnel, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The PowerStroke PS80519B is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The PowerStroke PS80519B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the PowerStroke PS80519B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $190.
- The PowerStroke PS80519B, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $170 to $250 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Rainier RPX3200 with 3200 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Ryobi RY802925, with a GPM of 2.5.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 4400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the PS80519B rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Rainier RPX3200 and its 8000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 3500 and 5000 Cleaning Units, the PowerStroke PS80519B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||150 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 19.2 x 17.2 x 34.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
PowerStroke is a brand name of outdoor power equipment owned by the parent company, Techtronic Industries Company Limited, (TTi) founded in 1985 and based in Hong Kong, with subsidiary offices in Anderson, South Carolina. TTi designs, manufactures, and markets many different brands of power tools worldwide. The PowerStroke line of tools includes pressure washers, generators, corded electric/battery powered drills, sanders, and heat guns.
The PowerStroke PS80519B is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of PowerStroke pressure washers, please consult PowerStroke's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-617-3501.