The Predator 2500 (58026) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196cc 5.6 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||58026|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Funnel, tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 2500
In summary, the Predator 2500 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc (5.6 hp) engine, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2500 PSI (around 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 2500 has a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Predator engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.79 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Predator 2500 offers great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Weighing 63.5 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Predator engine and its steel frame. But, as the 2500 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Predator 2500 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Predator 2500's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Predator 2500 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as tool kit, wand, spray gun, funnel and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Predator 2500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 2500 and its 2500 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $300 and $400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 2500 has 6000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Predator 2500 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.