The Predator 2500 (58026) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196cc 5.6 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||58026|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Funnel, tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 2500
In a nutshell, the Predator 2500 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 196cc (5.6 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (almost 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
The Predator engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.79 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Predator 2500 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Weighing 63.5 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 196cc Predator engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the 2500 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Predator 2500 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Predator 2500's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Predator 2500 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as tool kit, funnel, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Predator 2500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 2500, a device which can produce up to 2500 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3400, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with 3 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 6000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the 2500 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Predator 2500 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.