The Predator 2500 (62201) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Predator 2500
In summary, the Predator 2500 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 159 cc (4 hp) engine, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2500 PSI (around 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 2500 has a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Predator engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.34 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Predator 2500 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 60 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 159 cc Predator engine and its steel frame. But, as the 2500 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Predator 2500 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Predator 2500 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Predator 2500 comes with spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Predator 2500 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 2500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 2500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 2500, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2500, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Stanley SXPW3425 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, with 2.8 GPM.
- The 2500's Cleaning Units, 6000 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 with its 9520 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Predator 2500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||159 cc 4 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||62201|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 2500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.