The Predator 3100 (62200) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Predator 3200. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212cc 6.5 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||62200|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.8 x 22.5 x 36.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 3100
In a nutshell, the Predator 3100 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 212cc (6.5 hp) engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8680 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Predator engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 180 minutes.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.8 x W22.5 x H36.8 in, the Predator 3100 provides great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 70 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 212cc Predator engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The 3100 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Predator 3100 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Predator 3100 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Predator 3100 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Predator 3100 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Predator 3100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 3100 compared to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $400.
- The Predator 3100 with its 3100 PSI achieved a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson MS61084-S with 3400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.8 (gallons per minute), this washer belonged to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- Boasting with 8680 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 3100 was one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 3100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.