The Predator 3100 (62200) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc 6.5 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||62200|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.8 x 22.5 x 36.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 3100
The Predator 3100, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 212 cc (6.5 hp) engine, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 3100 has a cleaning power of 8680 Cleaning Units.
The Predator engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 180 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Predator 3100 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.8 x W22.5 x H36.8 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 70 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc Predator engine and its steel frame. Since the 3100 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Predator 3100's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Predator 3100 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Predator 3100 also comes with wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Predator 3100 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Predator 3100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 3100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $400.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3100 PSI, the Predator 3100 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Ryobi RY803423H that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.8 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- With a rather impressive value of 8680 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 3100 has one of the highest cleaning efficiencies compared to similarly priced devices.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Predator 3100 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 3100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.