The Predator 3200 (58027) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||223 cc 6.8 HP Predator OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||58027|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27 x 20 x 43 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Funnel, tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 3200
The Predator 3200, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 223 cc (6.8 hp) engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3200 PSI (around 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 3200 has a cleaning power of 8960 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Predator engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.79 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27 x W20 x H43 in, the Predator 3200 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 66.5 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 223 cc Predator engine and steel frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the 3200 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Predator 3200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 7:1 ratio by the Predator 3200's automatic soap dilution mechanism. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Predator 3200 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Predator 3200 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, wand, funnel, tool kit and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Predator 3200 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 3200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 3200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 3200, reaching a PSI of up to 3200, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $275-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- With a water flow of up to 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- Reaching up to 8960 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 3200 is one of the most efficient amongst its similarly priced peers.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Predator 3200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 3200 is covered under a warranty for up to 90 days. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.