The Predator 4400 (64199) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4400 PSI and flow of 4.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc 13 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||64199|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 39 x 24 x 29 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 4400
The Predator 4400, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 420 cc (13 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4400 PSI (around 73 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 4400 has a cleaning power of 18480 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Predator engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.45 gallon of gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 120 minutes.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Predator 4400 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 4400 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 133.5 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The main contributors to its weight are its 420 cc Predator engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The Predator 4400 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Predator 4400's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Predator 4400 also comes with wand, soap hose, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Predator 4400 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 4400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 4400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 4400, with a max water pressure of 4400 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $1000-1200 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 4.2 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The 4400, which reaches up to 18480 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 17600 and 18900 Cleaning Units, the Predator 4400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 4400 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.