The Predator 4400 (64199) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4400 PSI and flow of 4.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Predator 4400
In a nutshell, the Predator 4400 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 420 cc (13 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4400 PSI (around 73 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 4400 has a cleaning power of 18480 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Predator engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.45 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 120 minutes.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Predator 4400 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 4400 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 133.5 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 420 cc Predator engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit’s two 12" never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the Predator 4400 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Predator 4400's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Predator 4400 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Predator 4400 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 4400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 4400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 4400, reaching a PSI of up to 4400, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $925-1000 price range.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4.2 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The 4400, which reaches up to 18480 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 17600 and 18900 Cleaning Units, the Predator 4400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420 cc 13 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||64199|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 39 x 24 x 29 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 4400 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.