The Predator 4400 (64199) is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4400 PSI and flow of 4.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420cc 13 HP Predator 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||64199|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 39 x 24 x 29 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Predator 4400
The Predator 4400 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 420cc (13 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4400 PSI (around 73 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Predator 4400 has a cleaning power of 18480 Cleaning Units.
The Predator engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.45 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 120 minutes.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Predator 4400 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 4400 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 133.5 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 420cc Predator engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 12" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Predator 4400's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Predator 4400 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Predator 4400 also comes with wand, spray gun, pressure hose and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Predator 4400 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Predator 4400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Predator 4400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Predator 4400, reaching a PSI of up to 4400, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $1000-1200 price range.
- With a water flow of up to 4.2 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- The 4400, which reaches up to 18480 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 17600 and 18900 Cleaning Units, the Predator 4400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Predator pressure washers are distributed exclusively by the Harbor Freight Corporation, which holds a notable list of over 200 product trademarks. The Predator brand is one of their most recent lines of outdoor power products. As with many other makes and models of products sold by Harbor Freight, Predator pressure washers are manufactured in China.
The Predator 4400 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Predator pressure washers, please consult Predator's warranty policies stated in the owner's manual (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-444-3353.