The Pressure-Pro Dirt Laser PP4240H is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (120°F max.)|
|Engine||389 cc 13 HP Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Terminator TC3 Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 22.5 x 40.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Pressure-Pro PP4240H
The Pressure-Pro PP4240H, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Pressure-Pro PP4240H's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 389 cc (13 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (approximately 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Pressure-Pro PP4240H thus has a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX390 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Pressure-Pro PP4240H offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W22.5 x H40.2 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The device weighs 115 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit’s two 10" never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The Pressure-Pro PP4240H comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Pressure-Pro PP4240H's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Pressure-Pro PP4240H comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, oil, pressure hose, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Pressure-Pro PP4240H is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Pressure-Pro PP4240H's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pressure-Pro PP4240H compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pressure-Pro PP4240H, reaching a PSI of up to 4200, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $1000-1200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with 4500 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 4 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- Boasting with 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the PP4240H is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA and its 18000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Pressure-Pro PP4240H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Pressure-Pro, Inc was founded in 1994 in Fort Pierce, Florida. They produce a variety of pressure washers, including cold water, hot water, and custom specialty designs. In 2015, Pressure-Pro became part of Nilfisk, a leading manufacturer of professional quality cleaning equipment, representing over 100 years of cleaning experience. Though they use overseas manufacturing for many components, Pressure-Pro washers are designed, assembled, and tested at their Fort Pierce facilities.
The Pressure-Pro PP4240H is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pressure-Pro pressure washers, please consult Pressure-Pro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-772-461-4486.