The Pulsar PWE1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE1600
The Pulsar PWE1600 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Pulsar PWE1600's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 12 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Pulsar PWE1600 thus has a cleaning power of 2560 Cleaning Units.
The PWE1600 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D8 x W10 x H24 in, the Pulsar PWE1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE1600 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 18 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 6" solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Pulsar PWE1600 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. As the Pulsar PWE1600 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: The 19 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Pulsar PWE1600 also comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and wand.
The Pulsar PWE1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1600 PSI max pressure output, the Pulsar PWE1600 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $80 to $110 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY02-VBW-WT with a PSI of 2100.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the WEN PW20, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The 2560 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the PWE1600 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWE1600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||19 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 8 x 10 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.