The Pulsar PWE1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||12 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||19 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 8 x 10 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE1600
The Pulsar PWE1600 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Pulsar PWE1600's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 12 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Pulsar PWE1600 thus has a cleaning power of 2560 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PWE1600 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D8 x W10 x H24 in, the Pulsar PWE1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE1600 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 18 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" solid wheels.
The Pulsar PWE1600's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. However, since the Pulsar PWE1600 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: The included 19 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Pulsar PWE1600 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and power cord.
The Pulsar PWE1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWE1600, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BY02-BCMH that can reach up to 2300 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 2560 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the PWE1600 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMH with its 4025 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWE1600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.