The Pulsar PWE1801K is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE1801K
In a nutshell, the Pulsar PWE1801K is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Pulsar PWE1801K's cleaning power of 2880 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PWE1801K is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H34 in, the Pulsar PWE1801K makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE1801K convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 21 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" solid wheels.
Along with the Pulsar PWE1801K itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. However, since the Pulsar PWE1801K does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Pulsar PWE1801K comes with rotary brush, pressure hose, spray gun, surface cleaner, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and power cord.
The Pulsar PWE1801K's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE1801K compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWE1801K, with a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $100 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3200 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- With a rather impressive value of 2880 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the PWE1801K has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWE1801K is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, foam cannon, rotary brush, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE1801K is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.