The Pulsar PWE1801K is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Pulsar PWE2000. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, foam cannon, rotary brush, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE1801K
In a nutshell, the Pulsar PWE1801K is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Pulsar PWE1801K's cleaning power of 2880 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Pulsar PWE1801K's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H34 in, the Pulsar PWE1801K makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE1801K convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 21 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" solid wheels.
The Pulsar PWE1801K's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The Pulsar PWE1801K is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Pulsar PWE1801K comes with surface cleaner, rotary brush, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, pressure hose and power cord.
The Pulsar PWE1801K's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE1801K compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $140.
- With its 1800 PSI max pressure output, the Pulsar PWE1801K is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $120-150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The PWE1801K, with its 2880 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Westinghouse ePX3050 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE1801K is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.