The Pulsar PWE1801K is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE1801K
In summary, the Pulsar PWE1801K is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2880 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PWE1801K is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H34 in, the Pulsar PWE1801K makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE1801K convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 21 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" solid wheels.
The Pulsar PWE1801K comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. It must be noted that the Pulsar PWE1801K doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Pulsar PWE1801K comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), surface cleaner, spray gun, power cord, pressure hose, wand and rotary brush.
The Pulsar PWE1801K's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE1801K compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWE1801K, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $120 to $150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with 1.76 GPM.
- The PWE1801K, which reaches up to 2880 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BIOP with its 3600 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWE1801K is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, foam cannon, rotary brush, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE1801K is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.