The Pulsar PWE1801K is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE1801K
The Pulsar PWE1801K, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2880 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PWE1801K gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H34 in, the Pulsar PWE1801K makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE1801K convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 21 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Pulsar PWE1801K's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The Pulsar PWE1801K is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Pulsar PWE1801K are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, wand, power cord, rotary brush, surface cleaner, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Pulsar PWE1801K's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE1801K compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWE1801K with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- With the PWE1801K's 2880 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BIOP and its 3600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWE1801K is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, foam cannon, rotary brush, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE1801K is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.