The Pulsar PWE2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Motor||13.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 10.5 x 34.5 in|
|Included accessories||Adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Pulsar PWE2000
The Pulsar PWE2000, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The Pulsar PWE2000's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 13.5 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (approximately 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Pulsar PWE2000 thus has a cleaning power of 3200 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PWE2000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W10.5 x H34.5 in, the Pulsar PWE2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE2000 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 26 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two wheels.
Along with the Pulsar PWE2000 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable tank. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern from a full fan spray (widest spray width) to a direct stream spray (narrowest spray width).
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Pulsar PWE2000 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, power cord, wand and spray gun.
The Pulsar PWE2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWE2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2000 PSI, the Pulsar PWE2000 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $170 and $200. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Ryobi RY142300 with 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 3200 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the PWE2000 has one of the highest cleaning efficiencies compared to similarly priced devices.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWE2000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWE2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.