The Pulsar PWG3100VE is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWG3100VE
In a nutshell, the Pulsar PWG3100VE is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, its brass axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Pulsar PWG3100VE's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Ducar DV196 engine provides a convenient and reliable start of this gas-powered pressure washer, with a dual start mechanism: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. A 12V battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 60 minutes.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W20 x H38 in, the Pulsar PWG3100VE offers great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the PWG3100VE convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68.3 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 196 cc Ducar DV196 engine and steel frame. The PWG3100VE can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Pulsar PWG3100VE itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.8 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Pulsar PWG3100VE's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Pulsar PWG3100VE are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner, tool kit, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Pulsar PWG3100VE is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWG3100VE compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3100 PSI, the Pulsar PWG3100VE finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, with 2.8 GPM.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the PWG3100VE result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWG3100VE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP Ducar DV196 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||0.8 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 20 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.