The Pulsar PWG3100VE is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWG3100VE
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, its brass axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Ducar DV196 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. A 12V battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 60 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W20 x H38 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the PWG3100VE convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 68.3 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 196 cc Ducar DV196 engine and steel frame. But, as the PWG3100VE does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.8 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Pulsar PWG3100VE features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Pulsar PWG3100VE comes with nozzle cleaner, spray gun, oil, wand, tool kit and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Pulsar PWG3100VE is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWG3100VE compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWG3100VE, with a maximum pressure output of 3100 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $300 to $400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Stanley SXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with a GPM of 3.
- With the PWG3100VE's 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWG3100VE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP Ducar DV196 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||0.8 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 20 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.