The Pulsar PWG3100VE is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc 6.5 HP Ducar DV196 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||0.8 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 20 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Pulsar PWG3100VE
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196cc (6.5 hp) engine, its brass axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Pulsar PWG3100VE's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered unit's Ducar DV196 engine is convenient and reliable, thanks to its dual starting mechanism: you may freely choose between the more modern electric start, or the old-school pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V battery, which is included.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 60 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Pulsar PWG3100VE offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W20 x H38 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the PWG3100VE convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68.3 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196cc Ducar DV196 engine and its steel frame. But, as the PWG3100VE does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Pulsar PWG3100VE itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.8 gal tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Pulsar PWG3100VE's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Pulsar PWG3100VE comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, oil, tool kit, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Pulsar PWG3100VE is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWG3100VE compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWG3100VE, a device which can produce up to 3100 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $500-600 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson PS60995 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The PWG3100VE ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 7750 CU (PSI X GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWG3100VE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.