The Pulsar PWG3100VE is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar PWG3100VE
In summary, the Pulsar PWG3100VE is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Ducar DV196 engine provides a convenient and reliable start of this gas-powered pressure washer, with a dual start mechanism: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. A 12V battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 60 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Pulsar PWG3100VE offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W20 x H38 in. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the PWG3100VE convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68.3 lbs. Its 196 cc Ducar DV196 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the PWG3100VE does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.8 gal tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Pulsar PWG3100VE's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Pulsar PWG3100VE also comes with oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, pressure hose, tool kit and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Pulsar PWG3100VE is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar PWG3100VE compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar PWG3100VE, which can reach a PSI of 3100, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 3100 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- Boasting with 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the PWG3100VE is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar PWG3100VE is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (140°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP Ducar DV196 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||0.8 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 20 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar PWG3100VE is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.