The Pulsar W2800H is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||PWG2800H|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Pulsar W2800H
The Pulsar W2800H, a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Pulsar W2800H's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (approximately 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Pulsar W2800H thus has a cleaning power of 7000 Cleaning Units.
The Ducar engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a metal fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Pulsar W2800H is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the W2800H convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 73 lbs. Its 212 cc Ducar engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the W2800H has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Pulsar W2800H comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Pulsar W2800H's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Pulsar W2800H comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Pulsar W2800H is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Pulsar W2800H's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar W2800H compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2800 PSI max pressure output, the Pulsar W2800H has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $240 to $300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897, which can reach up to 2.6 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 7000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the W2800H are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Simpson CM61083 and its 8500 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar W2800H is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar W2800H is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.