The Pulsar W2800H is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Pulsar W2800H
The Pulsar W2800H, a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 212 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Pulsar W2800H's cleaning power of 7000 Cleaning Units.
The Ducar engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A metal fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.31 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Pulsar W2800H offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the W2800H convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 73 lbs. Its 212 cc Ducar engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the W2800H does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Pulsar W2800H itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Pulsar W2800H's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Pulsar W2800H comes with spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Pulsar W2800H is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Pulsar W2800H's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Pulsar W2800H compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Pulsar W2800H and its 2800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $275 and $400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3400, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 3100, with a GPM of 2.8.
- As the W2800H has a total of 7000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Pulsar W2800H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc Ducar OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||PWG2800H|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Based in Ontario, CA, Pulsar is one of the fastest-growing brands in the outdoor power products industry. They offer a full line of generators, air compressors, lawn mowers, and electric- and gas-powered pressure washers. With its focus on the consumer, Pulsar strives to enhance the customer's experience by adding convenience, ease of operation, and extended useful life to each and every product they make.
The Pulsar W2800H is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Pulsar pressure washers, please contact the Pulsar Customer Support: 1-866-591-8921.