The Rainier RPX2700 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Rainier RPX2700
In a nutshell, the Rainier RPX2700 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes an impressive 212 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2700 PSI (almost 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6210 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Rainier RPX2700 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W19.5 x H39 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RPX2700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 64 lbs. Its 212 cc engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the RPX2700 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Rainier RPX2700's package includes a spray gun, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.5 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (2700 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Rainier RPX2700's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Rainier RPX2700 comes with spray gun, tool kit, funnel, nozzle cleaner, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Rainier RPX2700 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Rainier RPX2700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Rainier RPX2700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $250.
- The Rainier RPX2700, which can reach a PSI of 2700, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $195 and $255. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Ryobi RY803001 with a PSI of 3000.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Ryobi RY802925, with a GPM of 2.5.
- As the RPX2700 has a total of 6210 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Ryobi RY802925 with its 7250 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Rainier RPX2700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV horizontal shaft|
|Pump||LX Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Rainier RPX2700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Rainier pressure washers, please contact the Rainier Customer Support: 1-844-202-2411.