The Rainier RPX3200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Rainier RPX3200
In summary, the Rainier RPX3200 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 212 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Rainier RPX3200 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W19.5 x H39 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RPX3200 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 64 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 212 cc engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The RPX3200 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Rainier RPX3200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Rainier RPX3200 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Rainier RPX3200 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, funnel, tool kit, oil and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Rainier RPX3200 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Rainier RPX3200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Rainier RPX3200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $280.
- The Rainier RPX3200, reaching a PSI of up to 3200, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $240-300 price range.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Excell EPW2123100, with 2.8 GPM.
- The RPX3200, which reaches up to 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Excell EPW2123100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Rainier RPX3200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV horizontal shaft|
|Pump||LX Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Rainier RPX3200 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Rainier pressure washers, please contact the Rainier Customer Support: 1-844-202-2411.