The Rainier RPX3200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc OHV horizontal shaft|
|Pump||LX Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Rainier RPX3200
The Rainier RPX3200, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 212cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Rainier RPX3200 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L21 x W19.5 x H39 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RPX3200 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 64 lbs. Its 212cc engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the RPX3200 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Rainier RPX3200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun: The included classic ergonomic spray gun can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Rainier RPX3200's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Rainier RPX3200 comes with oil, nozzle cleaner, tool kit, spray gun, funnel and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Rainier RPX3200 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Rainier RPX3200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Rainier RPX3200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $280.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3200 PSI, the Rainier RPX3200 is one of the gas-powered products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $240 to $300 price range.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Kärcher G3200Q, with a GPM of 2.6.
- Boasting with 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RPX3200 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Kärcher G3200Q and its 8320 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Rainier RPX3200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Rainier RPX3200 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Rainier pressure washers, please contact the Rainier Customer Support: 1-844-202-2411.