The Ryobi RY14122 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY14122
The Ryobi RY14122 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
The RY14122 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY14122 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D17.3 x W17.8 x H18.5 in. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY14122 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 34 lbs. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" wheels.
Along with the Ryobi RY14122 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY14122's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY14122's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY14122 comes with power cord, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
The Ryobi RY14122's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY14122 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY14122 and its 1700 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $240 and $300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with a PSI of 3000.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMH-3000, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- With 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY14122 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BIMH-3000 and its 5400 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY14122 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.3 x 17.8 x 18.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY14122 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.