The Ryobi RY14122 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY14122
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY14122 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its aluminum axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1700 PSI (around 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY14122 has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
The RY14122 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D17.3 x W17.8 x H18.5 in, the Ryobi RY14122 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY14122 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 34 lbs. A set of two 7" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Ryobi RY14122 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY14122's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY14122's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY14122 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Ryobi RY14122's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY14122 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY14122 and its 1700 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $100 and $150. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The RY14122's Cleaning Units, 2040 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BCMH, which can reach up to 4025 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY14122 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.3 x 17.8 x 18.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY14122 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.