The Ryobi RY141612 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141612
In summary, the Ryobi RY141612 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (almost 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Ryobi RY141612's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L12.5 x W10 x H9.5 in, the Ryobi RY141612 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RY141612 convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 16.4 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Even though the RY141612 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Ryobi RY141612 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY141612's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY141612's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY141612 comes with spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY141612's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141612 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 1600 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY141612 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $70-100 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the WEN PW20 with 2030 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW20, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY141612 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141612 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 12.5 x 10 x 9.5 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141612 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.