The Ryobi RY141612 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141612
The Ryobi RY141612 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Ryobi RY141612's cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY141612 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L12.5 x W10 x H9.5 in, the Ryobi RY141612 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RY141612 convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
Since the unit weighs only 16.4 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Even though the RY141612 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Ryobi RY141612's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY141612 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141612 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY141612 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Ryobi RY141612's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141612 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY141612 and its 1600 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $70 and $100. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the WEN PW19, which reaches up to 2000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY01-VBS-WT, with a GPM of 1.65.
- With 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY141612 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141612 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 12.5 x 10 x 9.5 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141612 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.