The Ryobi RY141612 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|13 amp, universal
|Via siphon hose
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
|20 ft, ⌀1/4
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 12.5 x 10 x 9.5 in
|Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141612
The Ryobi RY141612 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1600 PSI (around 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY141612 has a cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
The RY141612 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L12.5 x W10 x H9.5 in, the Ryobi RY141612 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RY141612 convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 16.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. This light weight compensates for the fact that the RY141612 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Ryobi RY141612 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Ryobi RY141612 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141612 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY141612 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose, power cord and wand.
The Ryobi RY141612's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141612 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY141612 with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4003-ULT with a PSI of 2200.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RY141612 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW1900 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141612 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141612 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.