The Ryobi RY141812G is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||0.25 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.1 x 12.1 x 12.1 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141812G
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY141812G is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY141812G's cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY141812G is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D17.1 x W12.1 x H12.1 in, the Ryobi RY141812G makes mobility one of its core strengths. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the RY141812G convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 18 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Because the RY141812G is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Ryobi RY141812G's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.25 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY141812G's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141812G features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY141812G comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Ryobi RY141812G's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141812G compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $140.
- The Ryobi RY141812G, with a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $120 to $150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY02-BCMH with 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with 1.76 GPM.
- The RY141812G has 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141812G is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141812G is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.