The Ryobi RY141812G is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141812G
In summary, the Ryobi RY141812G is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY141812G gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D17.1 x W12.1 x H12.1 in, the Ryobi RY141812G makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the RY141812G convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 18 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Because the RY141812G is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Ryobi RY141812G's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.25 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY141812G's automatic soap dilution mechanism. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141812G's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY141812G comes with wand, spray gun, pressure hose and power cord.
The Ryobi RY141812G's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141812G compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY141812G, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $120 to $150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3001 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- With 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY141812G is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BIOP, which can reach up to 3600 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141812G is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||0.25 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.1 x 12.1 x 12.1 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141812G is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.