The Ryobi RY141812G is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141812G
The Ryobi RY141812G is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Ryobi RY141812G's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D17.1 x W12.1 x H12.1 in, the Ryobi RY141812G makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the RY141812G convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 18 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Because the RY141812G is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Ryobi RY141812G's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.25 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY141812G will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Ryobi RY141812G's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY141812G are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, power cord, wand and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY141812G's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141812G compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY141812G, with a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $100 to $150 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BIOP that can reach up to 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The RY141812G's Cleaning Units, 2160 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141812G is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||0.25 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.1 x 12.1 x 12.1 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141812G is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.