The Ryobi RY141812G is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141812G
In summary, the Ryobi RY141812G is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY141812G's cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Ryobi RY141812G's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D17.1 x W12.1 x H12.1 in, the Ryobi RY141812G makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the RY141812G convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 18 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Even though the RY141812G doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Ryobi RY141812G's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.25 gal tank. The Ryobi RY141812G has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141812G allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY141812G comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY141812G's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141812G compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $140.
- The Ryobi RY141812G and its 1800 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $120 and $150. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3500, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY141812G rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141812G is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||0.25 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.1 x 12.1 x 12.1 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141812G is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.