The Ryobi RY141820 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141820
In summary, the Ryobi RY141820 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY141820's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY141820 thus has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY141820 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L12.5 x W9 x H10 in, the Ryobi RY141820 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RY141820 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 16 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Even though the RY141820 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Ryobi RY141820's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Ryobi RY141820 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141820's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY141820 also comes with power cord, spray gun, wand, soap hose and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY141820's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141820 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, the Ryobi RY141820 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $80 and $110. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BCOH, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY01-VBS-WT, with a GPM of 1.65.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY141820 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCOH and its 3360 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141820 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Other model numbers||RY141820VNM|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 12.5 x 9 x 10 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141820 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.