The Ryobi RY141820 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Other model numbers||RY141820VNM|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 12.5 x 9 x 10 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141820
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY141820 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Ryobi RY141820's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY141820 thus has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Ryobi RY141820's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L12.5 x W9 x H10 in, the Ryobi RY141820 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RY141820 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 16 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Even though the RY141820 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Ryobi RY141820 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY141820 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141820 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY141820 comes with soap hose, spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY141820's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141820 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY141820 and its 1800 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $700 and $1300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the NorthStar 1571102 with a PSI of 2000.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the NorthStar 1571102, that can deliver up to 1.5 GPM.
- The RY141820's Cleaning Units, 2160 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the NorthStar 1571102 and its 3000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141820 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141820 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.