The Ryobi RY141820 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141820
The Ryobi RY141820 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY141820 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L12.5 x W9 x H10 in, the Ryobi RY141820 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RY141820 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 16 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Because the RY141820 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Ryobi RY141820's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY141820 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141820's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY141820 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, power cord, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
The Ryobi RY141820's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141820 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY141820, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $100 to $150 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BIOP that can reach up to 2400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3001 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The RY141820's Cleaning Units, 2160 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141820 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Other model numbers||RY141820VNM|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 12.5 x 9 x 10 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141820 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.