The Ryobi RY1418MT is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY1418MT
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY1418MT is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY1418MT has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY1418MT gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20.5 x W12.4 x H12.6 in, the Ryobi RY1418MT makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 21 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two wheels.
The Ryobi RY1418MT's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY1418MT will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY1418MT allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY1418MT comes with pressure hose, wand, spray gun and power cord.
The Ryobi RY1418MT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY1418MT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY1418MT, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $100 to $150 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BIOP with a PSI of 2400.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY1418MT rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY1418MT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20.5 x 12.4 x 12.6 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY1418MT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.