The Ryobi RY1418MT is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY1418MT
In summary, the Ryobi RY1418MT is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY1418MT's cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY1418MT is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20.5 x W12.4 x H12.6 in, the Ryobi RY1418MT makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 21 lbs. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two wheels.
The Ryobi RY1418MT comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY1418MT will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Ryobi RY1418MT's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY1418MT comes with power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
The Ryobi RY1418MT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY1418MT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY1418MT with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $120-160 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2866-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The RY1418MT's Cleaning Units, 2160 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR and its 4200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY1418MT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20.5 x 12.4 x 12.6 in|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY1418MT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.