The Ryobi RY141900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY141900
In summary, the Ryobi RY141900 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY141900 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY141900 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W19.2 x H34 in. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY141900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Standing at only 32 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" wheels.
Along with the Ryobi RY141900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY141900 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY141900's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY141900 comes with pressure hose, power cord, wand, tool kit and spray gun.
The Ryobi RY141900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY141900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2000 PSI, the Ryobi RY141900 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $120 and $150. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY141900 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMH with its 4025 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY141900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 19.2 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY141900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.