The Ryobi RY1419MT is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||RY1419MTVNM|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 20.5 x 12.4 x 12.6 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY1419MT
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY1419MT is a light to medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Ryobi RY1419MT's cleaning power of 2280 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY1419MT is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L20.5 x W12.4 x H12.6 in, the Ryobi RY1419MT makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Standing at only 21 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Ryobi RY1419MT comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY1419MT includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY1419MT's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY1419MT also comes with pressure hose, power cord, wand and spray gun.
The Ryobi RY1419MT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY1419MT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY1419MT, with a maximum pressure output of 1900 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $100 to $130 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500 with a PSI of 2500.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- Boasting with 2280 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY1419MT is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW1900, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY1419MT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- High CU for the price
- Decent PSI for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- No additional pressure control
- Low GPM for the price
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY1419MT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
This machine went above my expectations I was able to remove years of cracked blistered paint from a cinder block house. The surface was left almost ready to paint. It also did great on my sidewalk and it was left looking like new concrete. This is a fantastic piece of equipment for the price and performance. The turbo tip does wonders on masonry surfaces. I will definitely refer this machine to others .