The Ryobi RY1419MT is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||RY1419MTVNM|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 20.5 x 12.4 x 12.6 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY1419MT
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY1419MT is a light to medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Ryobi RY1419MT's cleaning power of 2280 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY1419MT is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L20.5 x W12.4 x H12.6 in, the Ryobi RY1419MT makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Standing at only 21 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Ryobi RY1419MT comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY1419MT includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY1419MT's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY1419MT also comes with pressure hose, power cord, wand and spray gun.
The Ryobi RY1419MT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY1419MT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY1419MT, reaching a PSI of up to 1900, is one of the more powerful electric units in $120-150 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Stanley SHP2150 that can reach up to 2150 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, with a GPM of 1.76.
- As the RY1419MT has a total of 2280 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY1419MT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY1419MT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.