The Ryobi RY1419MT is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|13 amp, universal
|Other model numbers
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
|25 ft, ⌀1/4
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 20.5 x 12.4 x 12.6 in
|2 wheels, never flat
|Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY1419MT
In summary, the Ryobi RY1419MT is a light to medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1900 PSI (around 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY1419MT has a cleaning power of 2280 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY1419MT gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L20.5 x W12.4 x H12.6 in, the Ryobi RY1419MT makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Because the device weighs just 21 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Ryobi RY1419MT comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY1419MT includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY1419MT features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY1419MT comes with wand, power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Ryobi RY1419MT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY1419MT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1900 PSI, the Ryobi RY1419MT finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $150 and $170. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with a PSI of 2500.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 2280 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RY1419MT sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 and its 2870 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY1419MT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY1419MT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.