The Ryobi RY142300 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142300
In summary, the Ryobi RY142300 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY142300 has a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY142300 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY142300 provides great mobility. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142300 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 49 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 12" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Ryobi RY142300 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY142300 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY142300 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY142300 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and wand.
The Ryobi RY142300's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142300 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY142300, which can reach up to 2300 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $170 and $200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with 1.8 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY142300 are average. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.