The Ryobi RY142300 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142300
In summary, the Ryobi RY142300 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Ryobi RY142300's cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY142300 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY142300 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142300 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 49 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. A set of two 12" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Ryobi RY142300 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY142300's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY142300's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY142300 comes with pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Ryobi RY142300's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142300 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2300 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY142300 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $300-400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with 2.3 GPM.
- The RY142300, which reaches up to 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW3000 with its 3300 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.