The Ryobi RY142300 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142300
In summary, the Ryobi RY142300 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Ryobi RY142300's cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY142300 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY142300 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142300 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 49 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 12" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Ryobi RY142300 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY142300 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Ryobi RY142300's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY142300 comes with power cord, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY142300's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142300 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY142300, which can reach a PSI of 2300, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $195 and $255. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK, with a GPM of 1.75.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY142300 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.