The Ryobi RY142300 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142300
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY142300 is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Ryobi RY142300's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (approximately 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY142300 thus has a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
The RY142300 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY142300 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142300 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 49 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 12" wheels.
The Ryobi RY142300 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY142300's automatic soap dilution mechanism. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Ryobi RY142300's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY142300 comes with wand, power cord, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY142300's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142300 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2300 PSI, the Ryobi RY142300 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $195 and $255. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- With a rather impressive value of 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY142300 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW2700 with its 3240 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142300 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.