The Ryobi RY142300 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142300
In summary, the Ryobi RY142300 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY142300 has a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Ryobi RY142300's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY142300 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142300 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 49 lbs. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 12" wheels.
The Ryobi RY142300's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY142300's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY142300's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY142300 comes with wand, spray gun, power cord and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY142300's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142300 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2300 PSI, the Ryobi RY142300 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $200 and $250.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS, with a GPM of 1.7.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY142300 are average. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS with its 3910 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.