The Ryobi RY142500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|13 amp, brushless
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
(D x W x H)
|2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat
|Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142500
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY142500 is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp brushless motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (almost 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 3000 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY142500 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY142500 offers great mobility. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142500 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 43.36 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Ryobi RY142500 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY142500's automatic soap dilution mechanism. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY142500 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY142500 also comes with wand, spray gun, pressure hose and power cord.
The Ryobi RY142500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY142500, with a max water pressure of 2500 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $240-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3000e with a PSI of 3000.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with a GPM of 2.3.
- The RY142500, with its 3000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Ryobi RY143011 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142500 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.